There’s a Poetry & Pints reading at Glenwood Children’s Park this Saturday, April 23 at 2pm. Feel free to make your way over to the park and hear 6 local authors share their work and to enjoy some tasty beer and soda made special for the event.
Here’s a bit more info about the event:
- Poetry & Pints (P&P) is pretty much what it sounds like: A relaxed reading of poetry – and prose! – enjoyed with handmade beer.
- P&P is free.
- Each author shares about 10-12 minutes of work (with a 10-15 min break in the middle).
- P&P usually lasts about 1.5 / 2 hours, but feel free to drop in and out as you’d like!
- All homebrewed beer is provided free of charge to those who can legally consume and was made by Ryan Browne right on Van Hise Ave!
- Homebrew is served in plastic recyclable cups.
This P&P is in conjunction with some other great Earth Day events happening in the Glenwood Park, like a Weed Feed (featuring food made with foraged / native greens and foods, like grilled sausage with mustard greens, yum!) staring at noon.