The VanChaMasShe July 4th Celebration is a few weeks away. With your help, we will keep up the 66 year tradition on Saturday July 4th, 2015:
- The Celebration starts with a parade at 10:30 am. We gather on the corner of Van Hise Ave. and Shepard Terrace. Everyone is invited to be in the parade, so bring your decorated bikes, scooters, wagons and strollers.
- Immediately following the parade, join us for refreshments from the sangria cart while enjoying a concert from our neighborhood marching band.
- At 12:00 noon, a potluck lunch will be held on Shepard Terrace (top of hill in the circle) Bring a dish to share we will grill out hot dogs, hamburgers and veggie burgers. (Donations box for this event will be located by the potluck: Adults 5.00/Children 3.00.)
- We will be led in an American sing-a-long.
- The ever-popular egg toss and water balloon toss will cap off our day’s activities. Winners will take home a stylish trophy, suitable for proud display on their mantle until next year.
This day is great fun and there are lots of ways to be involved. If you would like to volunteer for any of the activities mentioned below, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Supply a Table
- Sangria Cart – Set up and Serve our guest
- Shop for condiments (ketchup,mustard,relish) and Buns
- Pick up & return “road closed” signs
- Set up and hang decorations
- Play in the band
- Lead the parade with Uncle Sam as Lady Liberty
- Organize a Kids Skit Show
- Organize egg & water balloon toss
- Clean up after potluck
Dale Bengston is handling any changes or new entries to the directory. Please let Darcy know if you have any questions. We look forward to seeing you on the 4th of July.
2825 Van Hise Ave.